"Mandy Woodland Law focuses on providing solutions for your organization."
Technology & Start-up
Are you starting a business?
Mandy's expertise covers areas including incorporation, registration, branding, advertising, development, employment agreements, licensing and sale of technology and IP, audits and due diligence, registration and management of domain names. Mandy also advises clients on pre-compliance with Canada’s new Anti-Spam law.
- Varied technical matters: ecommerce, technology transfer, infringement, domain name registration and disputes, domain name sales, online defamation, security, privacy, and online contracting
- Employment law and technology, particularly managing corporate IP and employees and social media
Mandy is a registered trademark agent in Canada and is recognized to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. She advises clients on all aspects of intellectual property (IP) protection, enforcement and management.
In the privacy field, Mandy works with both organizations and individuals. Her work is focused on developing solutions for privacy and access law compliance and complaints, and risk management. For compliance with both federal and provincial legislation, she advises clients both in and outside of Canada on the proper management of personal information; she also regularly works in the intersections between privacy and technology, and in privacy issues in employment law.
- Develop privacy policies and agreements
- Develop and implement privacy compliance programs
- Data sharing agreements
- Conduct privacy reviews/audits
- Make or respond to access to information requests
Commercial and contract law
General corporate and commercial advice for clients is a staple of Mandy’s practice. She has drafted and negotiated contracts, from the smallest agreement through to multi-million dollar sophisticated commercial agreements. Working with both large and small businesses, she has represented clients at all stages of development and negotiation from incorporation or acquisitions to succession. As well, Mandy is experienced in employment law issues, employee policies and hiring/firing.
- Commercial agreements, including shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements and commercial lease review
- Management, consulting, and franchise agreements
- Contracts of all shapes and sizes
- Employment law issues - policies, hiring, firing, discipline
- Regulatory issues, rights and licensing, and licensing of intellectual property
The New GC: A Different Kind of In-House Counsel
In-house legal departments are facing significant budget constraints, and small- to mid-sized businesses can’t afford a full time general counsel. That’s why Mandy works for clients as their GC, on-site or off-site - assisting in-house counsel or as sole outside or temporary project-based counsel, providing general counsel service at a fixed or flat fee for budgeting and certainty (depending on what the best fit for your business is).
A smaller part of Mandy’s practice includes fighting for her clients in litigation. Here, she acts on corporate/commercial disputes, privacy, access to information, and software and internet litigation relating to disputes involving privacy, contracts, licenses, software, intellectual property (including domain name disputes), defamation, and injunctions.
Lean, boutique-inspired legal services combine the best of in-house counsel with the long-standing results of utilizing exterior firms with a fresh lens on legal solutions. A trusted advisor ready to grow with your team, protect your organization when you need a fearless voice, and guide you through your next big milestones.