Mandy is a business lawyer, with a focus on technology and privacy law. She is a registered trade-mark agent with experience in providing legal services and advice to companies and individuals at all stages of growth, and in internet and technology law matters. When not helping her clients succeed, she loves to be in Fort Myers watching spring training baseball, or exploring a new city.
Mandy is a highly committed member of her community and is involved in organizations that impact the technology, legal and privacy communities as well as charitable community organizations. Mandy loves her volunteer work, including:
- Past Chair of the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries (NATI)
- Former Director with the Newfoundland and Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs (NLOWE)
- Volunteer with the Canadian Diabetes Association
- Former Director at St. Michael’s Printshop, an artist-run print studio providing professional fine art printmaking facilities for established and emerging artists
- Founding Director and member of Common Ground, Newfoundland's first co-working space
- Past Chair of the National Privacy and Access Law Section, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Health Research Ethics Board (HREB)
- Co-Chair, Social Media Committee for ITechLaw
- Founding Trustee, Awesome St. John's
- Regular volunteer guest advisor at Canada Business
Mandy is also a partner at MooresWoodland, a co-founder at Knowtifii and Cætum, and a graduate of the Sobey School MTEI program, which included the study of entrepreneurial finance, technology management, innovation processes and all things innovative and entrepreneurial.
“I volunteer - in groups directly related to my legal practice, in communities of entrepreneurs, and in the arts. I chose to fly between home and school so that I could improve my skills in innovation, entrepreneurship and technology. I like my clients, and they like me back. I love building relationships that let my clients achieve their goals and guide them with practical legal solutions and tools that protect those very same goals."
- Member, ITechLaw
- Member, IT.CAN (Canadian IT Law Association)
- Member, IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals)
- Associate, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, NATI (Newfoundland Association of Technology Industries)
- Member, NLOWE (Newfoundland and Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs)
- Member, Red Sox Nation